Atlanta Bread Company
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, casual work environment, and excellent benefits including medical, paid vacation, and holidays.
Director of Purchasing
The Director of Purchasing is responsible for contracting and managing vendor relations and overseeing the Supply Chain for all Atlanta Bread locations. This position also works closely with R&D, Operations and Marketing to assess, develop, and implement brand initiatives.
- Source and assess new products
- Select and manage vendors
- Regulate inventory
- Develop and maintain strategic vendor relations.
- Maximize cost efficiency and unit economics by negotiating favorable pricing agreements
- Work with distribution partners to manage proprietary inventory and reduce waste
- Collaborate with other departments to coordinate new item development and assist with bringing new items to market.
- Oversee the distribution of all products and materials throughout the Atlanta Bread network.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Prior experience (5+ years) working in high level purchasing situations and coordinating the delivery of supplies is necessary
- Secure knowledge of raw ingredients and materials common in the Food Service Industry.
- A Strong understanding of inventory control, logistics, and distribution
- Robust analytical and research skills
- MS Word and MS Excel proficiency is required
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required
- 5 years purchasing experience required
Office environment and manufacturing environment
Normal daily work, overtime as necessary. Salaried position.
Time Spent Performing tasks
Percentages, if used, should be distributed to equal 100%
Supervises ABC purchasing on a very limited basis.
Reports to VP Operations
Bakery Cafe Management Opportunities
Whether working at our headquarters in Smyrna, GA or in one of our vibrant bakery cafes, there is never a dull moment. Start a rewarding career with Atlanta Bread and join our energetic and diverse team. Apply now.
Atlanta Bread management is a front-runner in the fast casual industry and each individual contributes to our success. We provide our team members with the necessary tools to succeed in an environment rich with professionalism and creativity. Atlanta Bread is looking for highly motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals to help us grow. If you are interested in being part of a team with exceptional work ethic, we’d like to hear from you. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.