Atlanta Bread Company
R & D
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, casual work environment, and excellent benefits including medical, paid vacation, and holidays.
Culinary R&D Innovation Manager
In this role you will play an integral part in creating and developing new menu recipe concepts and reworking existing recipes for Atlanta Bread Company.
- Identify and establish the critical culinary components within the menu that help to maintain the highest food quality standards for ABC on a continuous basis.
- Balance exceptional culinary creativity with real-world conditions and operational needs for a high volume, complex restaurant concept.
- Create “standardized” recipes so that the highest levels of food quality consistency can be achieved under high volume production conditions.
- Rework existing recipes for improved food quality, increased guest satisfaction and operational efficiencies.
- Reformulate recipes whenever necessary to allow for greater profitability, without compromising established food quality standards
- Determine the need for any new ingredient requirements during the recipe development process.
- Conduct yield and performance analysis tests for all new and current ingredients under review.
- Assist with Culinary training, organizing and presenting training activities and other special culinary events throughout the year.
- Determinate initial food cost while formulating new recipes or core recipes optimization
- Understand and leverage global trends to add value to the menu development process.
- Utilize classical and contemporary cooking techniques to achieve the desired end-in-mind quality profile for all new recipes being developed.
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience as a Research & Development chef preferred.
- Minimum high school education (College preferred)
- Formal culinary training/school preferred.
- Experience with creating and developing new menu items
- Specific skills or knowledge necessary for this position, to included advanced culinary skills: proper knife handling and general kitchen equipment use.
- Superior ability to taste flavors and understand basic food science.
- Knowledge of HAACP and proper sanitation procedures
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Computer skills – Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
- Licenses, certification or registrations required for the position:
- ACF Certified – Preferred
bakery cafe management opportunities
Whether working at our headquarters in Smyrna, GA or in one of our vibrant bakery cafes, there is never a dull moment. Start a rewarding career with Atlanta Bread and join our energetic and diverse team. Apply now.
Atlanta Bread management is a front-runner in the fast casual industry and each individual contributes to our success. We provide our team members with the necessary tools to succeed in an environment rich with professionalism and creativity. Atlanta Bread is looking for highly motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals to help us grow. If you are interested in being part of a team with exceptional work ethic, we’d like to hear from you. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.